What a busy week that just passed. I was busy preparing for an observation, getting ready for parent visitation, and working on my grades. On top of all of that, it must have felt extra long because of the short week we had prior. However, now I can say short observation check, parent visitation check, grades check. Even though American Education Week is technically this week coming up, we had our parent visitation last week. When the parents visited, I did a reading lesson in which we used the iPads. We used Nearpod for a lesson on nouns. The entire class was on task and engaged in the lesson. Nearpod is definitely one of my favorite apps to use in the classroom!! We also did a math lesson on finding missing parts of ten and a social studies lesson on leaders. For that lesson I read Duck for President, which is a great story for this time of year or for February and President's Day. Then, we talked about and wrote what we would do if we were president. I had some very creative answers from I would go to meetings all day to I would make China part of the United States to I would have a giant pool with a water slide. Oh how I love first grade!! :)
Sunday, November 16, 2014
Busy, Busy, Week
What a busy week that just passed. I was busy preparing for an observation, getting ready for parent visitation, and working on my grades. On top of all of that, it must have felt extra long because of the short week we had prior. However, now I can say short observation check, parent visitation check, grades check. Even though American Education Week is technically this week coming up, we had our parent visitation last week. When the parents visited, I did a reading lesson in which we used the iPads. We used Nearpod for a lesson on nouns. The entire class was on task and engaged in the lesson. Nearpod is definitely one of my favorite apps to use in the classroom!! We also did a math lesson on finding missing parts of ten and a social studies lesson on leaders. For that lesson I read Duck for President, which is a great story for this time of year or for February and President's Day. Then, we talked about and wrote what we would do if we were president. I had some very creative answers from I would go to meetings all day to I would make China part of the United States to I would have a giant pool with a water slide. Oh how I love first grade!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment