Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Take Your Time and Double Check Your Work!

Take your time and double check your work!  I find myself saying that to my students often (especially the take your time part of it), yet I really need to take my own advice.  Recently, I've been handing in my work and included in the feedback is often a point to a spelling error or some other simple mistake.  A simple mistake that if I'd taken my time and double checked my work wouldn't have been there!  So my advice to myself for the week is TAKE YOUR TIME AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK!

Lesson plans and resources for your SMART Board - SMART Exchange                                        
   
Last week our class was held at the ETTC (We got to see a lot of new faces!). We also saw three great presentations- one on the SmartBoard, one on movie maker, and the last on custom google search engines.  I was familiar with both tools, but still learned a few new things from the presentations.  A familiar site that was mentioned in the SmartBoard presentation was Smart Exchange.  There are some great SmartBoard presentations on there!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I totally agree with double checking your work! I cant believe how many things are turned in without any checking! I am so responsible also. Im glad you mentioned this because I've been feeling the frustration too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make spelling errors all of the time, so when I'm finished completing whatever task I am working on, I usually try to read them over. I guess I've gotten criticism so much, that I know that I need to reread the material before submitting it. There might be a slip up here or there, but not a lot. The funny thing about that is if it does happen during a lesson (on my pre-made "Notes File"), the students notice the typos all of the time and like to do the correcting.

    ~Audra

    ReplyDelete