I've never been on a sailboat, but it sure does look like something fun to do! Since last week was Thanksgiving, we did not have class. With such a long break, I was able to get lots done! :) Our IT History Project is complete, we are just editing it for our presentation this Wednesday. I am almost finished with my PLN- the last project on my contract! Which leads me to say....and it's smooth sailing for the remainder of my first sememster of Grad School!
Even though last week was such a short week of school, I was able to accomplish most of what I wanted to at work! We completed Unit 2 Week 1 in Reading, even testing on Wednesday. Our Reading block is in the morning, and I think my students really benefited from that. By the afternoon, they were in no mood or state to be tested! The only negative to testing right before the break was the fact that I had about four students out. Four students who now have to make up all of those tests!
Here is a link to an article I found about the time of day your brain works best. From the article, I kind of got the jist that the time of day your brain works best really depends on the person. My class definately works better in the morning. They are mush more on task and less talkative. Is this really because their brains work better in the morning or just because they are still sleeping in the morning?!
Hey Brielle,
ReplyDeleteI know what type of person I am...a morning person, always have been. I notice that I am more alert & focused on all of the tasks that need to be accomplished during the morning hours. My brother is the complete opposite...functions the best between the hours of 9pm & 12 midnight, and does better w/ his afternoon classes.
I see a similar trend w/ the students in my final class. They would probably function better earlier in the day, too. The students get more antsy, and social, as the school day ends. Other classes might function better later in the day. Some mornings during my 1st period class, the students are more quiet, and I'm not sure if they're awake, yet. I know that sleep is very important & sleeping habits change, especially in those adolescent years
See you Wednesday,
Audra
Hi Brielle,
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting that article! I am definitely NOT a morning person, but I wish I was because I feel like I accomplish so much more in the day when I get up early.
I am looking forward to your presentation! Congratulations on coming to the completion of your contract. It must feel like a weight off of your shoulders :)
-Susan
Hey Audra,
ReplyDeleteI am definately more alert during the morning hours as well!
Talk to you tonight!
Brielle
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Susan,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you liked the article and that you were finally able to post on my blog! haha
Talk to you tonight!
Brielle
Brielle:
ReplyDeleteWhat a presentation! You guys did a marvelous job. Honestly, you nailed it with the movie. I was very impressed with it. I believe I even mentioned it to Terry. It was very different. You guys covered all the required information. The clips were very good for it and I like the music for the background. Well done! Just to let you know, we all liked it in the classroom and Dr, Ackerman was also very impressed.
Well, I am sure I will probably see you or hear from you some time because we are still taking classes. So, I wish you the best and I hope you have a bless holiday season.
Take care!
Johana
Brielle
ReplyDeleteGood article to read. I am a morning person, always have been as far as I can remember. I have a very hard time staying awake at night. I used to be able to stay up all night before. Oh well--- another thing that I miss.
BTW
Nice movie presentation. I am going to have to start working with a movie creating/editing program.